Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Calvin's 2nd Birthday!

We can't believe our little baby boy is TWO!
By the time Jared got home from work, it was dark outside, but we still wanted Calvin to see his gift. Jared wheeled the ride-on tractor out of the garage and we walked Calvin out to see it. Calvin was absolutely stunned. He stood with big eyes and a gaping mouth for several minutes. Then he finally smiled, pointed and said, "tractor!"
He finally realizes it's his very own tractor!
George, Calvin and Katie, just before cutting the cake. I was VERY sick the day before and had no preparation time to make Calvin's cake, but I refused Jared's idea to pick up a bakery cake. I have always made their birthday cakes and I wasn't about to change things! It took me thirty minutes to slap the icing on, and I'm emabarrassed to show it, but at least it was homemade!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ash Kelley said...

the cake is great sarah! And Calvin is so cute on that tractor!

Robyn said...

I'm so amazed at your cake skills! I'm probably the only person ever to fail the Wilton courses!