Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A "Real" Date!

Jared and I left the house and went on a REAL date this last Friday night!!! It has been forever since our last date (I honestly can't remember when the last one was). Usually we'll rent a movie, make dessert, or (since Jared is no longer a student but has a real job!) we'll order take-out after the kids go to bed. But this time we called a babysitter, went to the movies and then out to dessert. I even dressed up a bit (consequently, Jared did too) since I don't know when this will happen again. It was great!

--Real movie theater to see newly released movie, Indiana Jones (not the dollar theater this time): $22

--Small popcorn, 1 bottle of water (I smuggled in my own water-wish I would have thought to shove another one in my purse for Jared), reese's pieces: $13.25

--Appetizer, dessert, and waiter's tip at Macaroni Grill (luckily had a gift card given to us at Christmas, thanks Robyn and Christian!--pretty sad that it took us 5 months to use it): $18.75

--Babysitter for 4 1/2 hours: $25


--the grand total:$79


Although very nice to get out of the house, I think this is a good reminder of why we don't go on "real" dates anymore!

9 comments:

Kelly O. said...

The movie theater cost $11?!?! I thought Dallas was supposed to be cheap!

Robyn said...

Glad you help you get a real date---and yes, its sad it took you five months to use it.

The Kelley Family said...

Dallas is definitely NOT a cheap place to live! (Just about every where else in Texas is though)

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

A date?? A what?? What is that word? I don't think it's in my vocabulary!! ;)
Good for you guys! Some day...it will be a weekly thing for us too! Until then...we'll be pay for student loans instead!! EW!!

Justin and Ally Phillips said...

Sarah! Call us and we'll watch your little ones for FREE....Um, hello, Katie is my favorite :)
ps. also, found your website from your Petunia Puddles site--not a stalker--promise :)
-Ally

Christian said...

I checked out that blog you told me about...and it was so cute! The funny thing (gotta love blogging) is that I found a link on her page to one of my classmates from my BYU design classes!

Julie Adams said...

Sounds like quite a date! Ryan and I need to have one of those very soon. I like your blog template.

Robyn said...

Where or where have the Kelley's gone? It time to update again... or maybe its time for a phone call...

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

How did i not know you had a blog, but ours is linked to yours? You have inspired me to update more often. I can't believe how cute your kids are! We get an update from Jared's parents every time we are in Houston and it sounds like you are doing well. We need to stay in better touch!